Permits for Public Events and Parades

The City of Chariton welcomes organizations and community groups to host public events and parades.


Event Application:                                                                                                                             

An application for the event is available for all interested parties to submit for approval by the City of Chariton.  Approval must be met by the City Manager, Street Superintendent, Chief of Police, Fire Chief, and Parks and Recreation Director.  Once approved, a signed document will be sent back to the organization or group having the event. 


Please Note: If your event is desiring to have beer or wine, you will need to file for a license for the event. More information on this can be inquired at the City Clerk's office at City Hall. You can also visit the State of Iowa's information on beer and wine.